Tuesday, October 5, 2010

NARS Zulu 2010

Good morning, Dear Reader!

When I heard that Zulu would be made again, I was up in the air about whether to get it.  I tried the original a few times, and my recollection of it is that I really wanted to like it, but it always looked blotchy on me so I couldn't.  After a couple of years of seeing good pictures of Zulu (particularly The Polish Addict's) I figured I'd give it one more try with the new version, and it ends up that I like it a lot.  I used three thin coats, and it's even and very shiny.

I took pictures of this one both in and out of direct sunlight.  I like how it looks in direct light, but that's not an entirely accurate representation of how it looks on the nail in normal light.  Here's Zulu in direct sunlight.

NARS Zulu, 2010 Release, in Sunlight
NARS Zulu Nail Polish, 2010 Release, Three Coats in Sunlight

In the sun, you can see that Zulu is distinctly dark green, not black.  In the shade, it's still green, but it takes a closer look to see that.  This is how it looks on me in normal light.

NARS Zulu, 2010 Release, in the Shade
NARS Zulu Nail Polish, 2010 Release, Three Coats in the Shade

So that's NARS' 2010 release of Zulu.  I'm glad I got it - I feel like I'm finally "getting" what I'd previously been missing about Zulu.  I no longer have the original to compare to it, but I know that's already been done - I can just tell you that from my experience, I don't miss the original because of the application, but this version was just fine for me.

That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment