Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Rainbow Leopard Mani

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Yesterday I finally wore a manicure that's been in my brain to do for a while, and it turned out pretty well. What I wanted to do was a black on white leopard print with the spots filled in with bright colors. Kind of a rainbow snow leopard... Anyhow, I hadn't tried it because I thought it would be a giant project, which it was. Here's the finished manicure.

The Rainbow Leopard Mani
Rainbow Leopard Manicure

I started with, as you can see, a white Sephora by OPI. Just for funsies, I decided to use Full Moon. That way, on the off chance I don't have enough going on here, it'll glow in the dark, too. After three coats of that had set, I stamped the leopard pattern in Konad Black Pearl. I used the black shimmer Konad polish because I had shimmers for the spots, and also because it's harder to smudge than regular black. Then it was time to fill in the dots with nail art pens. It was a good thing I did this while watching a movie or I might not have survived the boredom. Once the dots were filled in, a coat of top coat finished everything off, and I finally have my festive manicure.

That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment