Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Icy Passion


Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I have pictures for you of today's NOTD as well as a recent one from the last time I swatched polishes.  Today's is Passion Plum, which is another one of the Sally Hansen Salon Milan colors (the dreaded Canadian exclusives), which Michelle over at A Stroke of Color picked up for me.  I'd been told it was a twin to FingerPaints Black Gumdrop, which I showed you not too long ago, but it is not a twin to my eye.  A sister, yes, but not a twin - the FP is more blackened with a purple glow to it, while the SH is as dark a purple as it can get without looking black.  In the bottle, they do look almost like twins, but on the nail they're different from one another.  Here's Passion Plum:





My other set of pictures for you is Revlon's Icy Violet, which I used for a mani the last time I swatched.  It's discontinued, I think, as I got mine on clearance for $2, and that's a shame because it's a great color.  It's a bright slightly reddish violet with a very strong blue purple flash, and is a definite winner for me.  I thought I'd show it along with Passion Plum because the names are polar opposites (Icy & Passion), and the shades really show the breadth of the range of available drug store purples, from almost black to a great duochrome.  I think they provide a nice contrast to one another, showing that purples are not boring!





Those are today's pictures, Dear Reader, showcasing a pair of fabulous examples of my very favorite color family.  If some disaster struck and I was limited to one color group for the rest of my days, it would be purples - they always make me happy, and there's an amazing range of them.

Tomorrow morning around this time, the window to enter the giveaway of a Mooooonpoooool will close, and I'll randomly select the winner.  If you haven't entered to win yet, please do!  The drawing is open to readers worldwide, your name will show as you enter it (but you don't have to enter your full name), and your email address will only be used to notify you that you're the winner.  What have you got to lose?  Go for it, and good luck!





That's all for now, Dear Reader!  Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment