Friday, September 30, 2011

Sally Hansen Oxide

Good evening, Dear Reader!

Tonight I have pictures to show you of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Oxide, one of the Tracy Reese shades for Fall 2011 that their PR sent me to review.  It's a really gorgeous charcoal along the lines of a darker Chanel Graphite, really the closest thing I've seen to Graphite with respect to finish, although a good bit darker.  If you recall, it's the finish in Graphite that made me swoon, and Oxide does the same.

I currently have a pretty big backlog of cool things to show you all set aside together, and Oxide is one I've really been looking forward to trying out.  I knew I'd have an opportunity to change nail color this evening, but had been torn as to what I wanted to wear because this manicure will have to stay until Sunday, and tomorrow night a friend of mine, the coolest boss I've ever had, is playing his last live show after a few decades of performing.  That's right, an IT-guy rock star.  The original plan was to coordinate with cool shoes, but last weekend I really sprained my ankle wearing hideous matronly flats to take out the trash, so I have to wait until I'm leaving to pick what I can wear (I think that was The Goddess of Hot Shoes sending me a warning, which I'll heed in the future).  Then I got a surprise when UPS delivered some non-nail-related stuff I'd ordered during a 50% off of clearance prices sale, and when I placed the order I saw a giant black rose rhinestone ring that ended up being under $3 after all the percentages off, so I added it.  When I saw it in person today, Oxide seemed like a perfect choice.

For this manicure, I used one coat of base coat, two of Oxide, and one of Lippmann Addicted to Speed since I wanted it to dry really fast and be perfect.  After it dried, I went out to take pictures, and had a kind of funny experience.  I'm friendly with the ladies who live on either side of me, and both recently had babies.  I guess they both came home with their babies in tow at the same time and met in the middle in my yard to chat.  I went out with stuff to take pictures, said hello and had a little chitchat including assurance that I didn't mind them meeting in the middle, but it was late and the last of the light would be gone if I took too long, so I just went about the business of taking the pictures with them standing there a few feet away, offering no explanation.  One of the husbands came home while I was taking pictures and went up to his wife, so at this point there was a small crowd chatting in my yard pretending that I'm not over in the corner evaluating light and clicking away.  They still have no idea why the heck I keep taking pictures of small things I'm hiding in my hand!  It was socially awkward enough to be entertaining at the time.

After all of that, I got some good pictures of Sally Hansen Oxide in sunlight.

Sally Hansen Oxide
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Oxide Nail Polish, Two Coats

This is a closer look at the shimmer.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Oxide
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Oxide Nail Polish, A Look at the Finish

And just for fun, I took a picture of it with my fabulous cheapo ring.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Oxide Nail Polish
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Oxide Nail Polish & A Fabulous Ring

I love this a whole lot.  Admittedly, the overall look is somewhat vampiric, but aside from wearing nothing but pastels all the time, there's not much to be done about that so I go with it.  I'm extra happy about having a manicure I love as the start of an ensemble for a fun event tomorrow night.  I would have been fine with a blood red that went with anything, but it's always a little more enjoyable to wear something that thrills me.

That's the scoop on Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Oxide, which should be showing up with the other Tracy Reece shades any day now.  Until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment