Friday, September 23, 2011

Color Club Hot Like Lava

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I did a quick color change to another of the Color Club Foils last night, so I'm wearing Hot Like Lava today.  It's got the same finish as the last (all six do), is partway between pink and red, and is fantastic.  One coat of Hot Like Lava would have been plenty but for the ridges in my nails, so I added a second and that concealed them nicely.  The polish was exceptionally easy to control, is very pigmented, and dried quickly.  I topped it off with a coat of Poshe and called it a manicure.

Since the likelihood that I'll think of taking a picture of the manicure later is very slim, I have an artificial light picture for you that I just took, and the polish is thoroughly dry.  To be honest, Hot Like Lava is really fabulously glowy in a way that never translates to a picture, so this picture sells it short.  What it reminds me of in indoor lighting is what metal looks like with a colored finish, the kind that's usually done on aluminum things - if an e-cig battery came in this color, I'd be all over it (that's the only colored aluminum item I'm using these days...).  There might be a name for colored metal like that, I don't know, but maybe Indi will help us out with that one.  Anyhow, since it the middle of the night I used artificial light, and my picture just gives you a tiny hint of how awesome this polish is.  I'll put my camera in my purse on the off chance I think of taking another one and if I get one that's worthwhile I'll tack it on later.  In the meantime, here's Hot Like Lava.

Color Club Hot Like Lava
Color Club Hot Like Lava Nail Polish, Two Coats

The bright light for the picture washed the color out somewhat, and it's really a bit darker than it appears here, but this was the least washed out picture of the bunch.  The coolest thing about it is the glowiness, where in normal lighting a line down the center of my nails is lit up and the sides are darker, and I think any adequately lit picture loses that, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

So far, the Color Club Foils are two for two, and I'm looking forward to seeing if the winning streak continues.  For now, that's Hot Like Lava, so until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment