Thursday, September 22, 2011

Color Club Lumin-icecent

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I'm sorry I've been neglecting you, but I have something very cool to show you this morning to make up for it.  Color Club sent their Foiled collection, which is a collection of six really nice foils (or chromes), and when I finally had a chance to change my polish, I picked Lumin-icecent to wear.  That's a super Suzi name, but more like Suzi on a good day since the color of this one is a good ice blue.

I meant to take a picture of three days' wear on Facets of Fuchsia because I had no chips or tip wear at all, but it really needed to be changed because that Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle serum I'm using really seems to be working - the manicure looked a good five days grown out.  However, it was 11:30 at night when I had a chance to change color, so here wasn't adequate light to be had.

For Lumin-icecent, I used Nailtek II as a base since it's a ridge filler.  I have pretty pronounced ridges in my nails and chromes are the absolute least forgiving finish for that, so I figured ridge filler would help me out.  I then applied two coats of Lumin-icecent, which went on very easily and was no problem at all to control.  To avoid brush strokes, I just used a light hand with the brush and it worked out well.  I finished it off with a coat of Poshe, and now I have a perfect manicure for a very chilly day.  Here's Lumin-icecent totally dry on a cloudy day.

Color Club Lumin-icecent Nail Polish, Two Coats

I love this because it's foily enough to look like metal, but isn't bad on brush strokes or showing my ridges too much, and it's a perfect ice blue.  The other five shades are equally good - Color Club left out the obligatory silver and gold that have been done to death and gave us just cool colored foils.  I had a hard time choosing which to wear and just picked this one so I could put it on and get to sleep.

Lumin-icecent is just the first of the Color Club Foils I have to show you, so there will be more to come.  Until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment