Saturday, September 10, 2011

Criss the Cross and Dot the Dot

I have a little confession to make today. I've been sitting on this for a long time because I wasn't really sure if it was a topic I wanted to talk about on the blog. I guess this has come up now because September has hit and everyone is back to the grind. School, work, whatever.
Some of you may know, or be vaguely aware, that I was studying for a degree in Accounting and Finance and the academic year approaching would have been my final year. However, during my second year (the one just gone, 2010-11) I became really discouraged in school. I didn't enjoy my subject any more, I couldn't find any motivation to put effort in to my work and as a consequence, I failed the year. 

So... I won't be going back to University this year. I'll really miss the people and the place but I'm so glad I don't have the constant worry and stress hanging over my head all the time. I'm currently 'temping' in a little office where I get on with my co-worker and there's little to no stress. All the while, searching for a permanent position to take up when this is finished.

So for now, the only question playing on my mind is 'What do I want to be when I grow up?'. Lots of people say I should study hair/nails/beauty but I don't want to go back to school for a while and I also think that take all the fun out of my hobby. I would love to pursue a career in childcare but, again, that means going back to school. For now I just plan on finding a job that I enjoy (or at least don't mind waking up for every day) and saving enough money to move in to a flat or house with my friends. I'm taking things one step at a time.



Konad Plate: Bundle Monster BM203
Base Colour: Rimmel - Electric
Konad Colour: GOSH Metallic Purple
Nails Inc - Paris
Top Coat of NYC


TwitterBloglovin'Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment