Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nubar Beguiling Carmine

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I wanted a traditional shade for something I have going later on today, and I figured it was a good time to show you a shade from Nubar's Polished Chic collection, and I went with Beguiling Carmine.  The premise of Nubar's Polished Chic is that it's modern classic shades, so it seemed like a good fit.

Beguiling Carmine is described by the manufacturer as "a brick red creme," and there's not a heck of a lot to add to that.  The color is a tiny bit muddier than a standard brick red, just enough to update the color but not enough to call it something else.  I used a base, two coats of Beguiling Carmine, and finished it off with a coat of Poshe.  The polish is well pigmented, where at one coat it's clear that two will do the trick, was easy to apply and control, and it has a good shine.  This is Beguiling Carmine after drying, in artificial light.

Nubar Beguiling Carmine
Nubar Beguiling Carmine Nail Polish, Two Coats

This is a good autumn red - it has enough brown to fit the season but is still distinctly red overall.  I noticed in looking through pictures that my top coat has some bubbles, which is kind of a bummer, but I'm betting that I'll get through the day just the same with or without them and leaving it alone.

That is Beguiling Carmine, my manicure for the day, so until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



This product was sent by the manufacturer for review.

All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment