Sunday, December 12, 2010

RBL Purple Haze & H4

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I just got around to changing my manicure today, and I realized that at this point I'm already weary of winter and holiday manicures.  I still have a long way to go!  I decided for a change, I'd go with Rescue Beauty Lounge Purple Haze and try out one of the Chez-Delaney plates I got this week.

Purple Haze is, of course, as fabulous as always.  It's a great shade and it virtually applies itself, and it's perfection in two coats.

For the stamping, I wanted to see how Chez-Delaney's gargantuan tip patterns worked, and I went with the one on plate H4.  That's actually the main reason I ordered these, some of them have tip patterns that are friggin' enormous, so much so that I could literally have double the free edge I have now, and they'd still cover in one stamp.  For me, that matters because having to double stamp is a bit of a hassle, so these are great.  Just for a sense of scale, here's a picture of the plate from Chez-Delaney's site.  I used the one in the middle.

Chez Delaney Nail Stamping Plate H4
As you can see, the tip pattern and the full nail pattern to its left are the same length.  That's good news!

I did the stamping using Konad White, and they turned out well for the most part.  At first, I had a little trouble getting the Konad stamper to cover as much of the pattern as I wanted to pick up (I just used about half of it), and for some reason I start on my left hand.  So the stamping's a lot better on the right hand, but I have a heck of a time getting a picture of my right hand, so I'll just have to show you the imperfect left.

RBL Purple Haze Nail Polish with H4
RBL Purple Haze Nail Polish, Two Coats, with Chez Delaney H4

I like it, and I'm excited to have some fun new plates.

On an entirely unrelated note, a few days ago in the comments, Cat from Australia asked about summery Christmas manicure ideas for those in the southern hemisphere.  I have two ideas I'm tossing around which are not complete, but I thought I'd ask you for your ideas as well, if you'd care to share them.  We can consider what it would be like to have late June weather at Christmas while the snow falls outside (like now!).  I'll be showing you at least one of the two ideas I'm working on this week.

That's just about all I have for you today, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment