Friday, December 17, 2010

Candy Cane Nails

Good morning, Dear Reader!

This morning I did a manicure I thought of for the request for warm weather Christmas manicures.  I looked up some images to see if that would help me pick something, and it did, but it was still strange to see.  What I found was red and white were more prevalent than anything with green, but the thing that was odd to see is that there were a heck of a lot of beach scenes, like people in red bathing suits wearing a traditional Santa hat.  Now, please don't think that as a result of seeing those pictures, I now believe the entire southern hemisphere gallivants about the beach during the holidays - I know those are as authentic as the pictures of American families laughing around a fireplace in matching holiday sweaters.  What I did get out of it is that I should go with red and white, and that using the same imagery would work as long as it wasn't specific to winter, so I chose candy canes for the theme.

From there, I considered how a fun gathering would go on Christmas with June weather.  My best holidays have always involved a bunch of family and some friends just hanging out talking for hours after the main events are over, and we'd always sit outside if weather permitted.  For that, I thought a glow in the dark polish would be good for the white, and since I really like Sephora by OPI Full Moon, that was my white.  For a fiery hot red, I chose China Glaze Red Stallion.  To decorate, I used Chez-Delaney's plate H1, which has a tip pattern that includes three diagonal lines, and I just painted and picked up the three line part of the pattern.  Since it looked like a lot of stamping, I only did one nail in the candy cane pattern, and to match the others I used Red Stallion to stamp.  The lines aren't as clean as with Konad polish and don't hold up under the close scrutiny of a giant picture, but they're just fine walking around.

Candy Cane Nails
Candy Cane Nails: Sephora by OPI Full Moon, China Glaze Red Stallion, Chez-Delaney H1
So that's my take on Christmas in summer, and that's just about all I have to tell you about at this hour.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment