Thursday, December 16, 2010

China Glaze Happy Go Lucky & H8

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I used another Chez-Delaney plate, H8.  The pattern I wanted from it is a flaming tip pattern, which was just too much fun to pass up.  I was considering what colors to use to most look like fire, and I concluded that it would be pretty hard to pull off well using only two colors.  I still wanted to use the pattern, so I decided to go for the look of flames on an old hot rod, like this:

I've Got This One Covered, Indi
I started with the yellow, for which I used three coats of China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, then I did the stamping in Konad Cool Red Princess Polish.  I found it took a while to get a feel for scraping this pattern without messing it up - on the big tip patterns, it's really easy to get the edge of the scraper too deep into the pattern and scrape away far too much.  Once I got the hang of it, the stamping went quickly, and I'm happy with the end result.

China Glaze Happy Go Lucky & Chez-Delaney H8
China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, Three Coats, with Chez-Delaney H8
I think it worked out reasonably well, and the manicure makes me laugh a little bit.

That's all there is to tell this morning, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polih to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment