Friday, November 26, 2010

E.L.F Mod Mauve

I've had this polish in my drawer for months now but have never worn it because I was so disappointed with the way it looks IRL compared to the swatch on the website. After looking at a few other people's swatches (herehere and here) I'm starting to think I got a dud bottle. I can only describe it as muddy red.
I was appalled at this colour when I first applied it but it's growing on me now. I don't really have anything else like this in my collection - probably because it's kind of 'blah' and wouldn't stand out to me if I saw it on a shop shelf - so I'm not going to throw it away but it won't be a polish that I pick out very often. I can't even think of any occasions when this would be a good shade to wear.

It was really hard to pick colours to match for the nail art but I think I picked some good ones which have helped in making me like this colour a bit better.



It's weird to see a picture of my nails upside down like this but I thought I'd shake things up a bit today and take some photos from different angles. I'm very particular and normally like uniformity but I realise the front on pictures everyday get a bit same-y so I'll be trying some more exciting shots from now on. 


Konad Plate: BM03
Base Colour: E.L.F - Mod Mauve
Konad Colour: Sally Hansen Chrome - Amber
L'Oreal LaquiResist 837 for the hearts
Top Coat of GOSH

No comments:

Post a Comment