Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chanel Riva

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

When Chanel Riva became available on Chanel's site this week, I was planning to pass on it.  But then they had free shipping and I haven't really gotten anything this month, so I sprung for it.  I got it today and tried it out.

Riva is a pale blue kind of jelly finish polish, and it took three coats to be reasonably even for me.  There are a couple of nails on my right hand that are a bit streaky, so it really could have used a fourth coat.  Here it is in natural light.

Chanel Riva
Chanel Riva Nail Polish, Three Coats

Having tried Riva out, if I could do it over again I wouldn't have gotten it.  It's nice enough, but not for the price tag.  I think Sephora by OPI's Havana Nights would be a reasonable substitute - not a dead on dupe, I don't think, but nothing's so spectacular about Riva that it needs a dead on dupe.

That's what I have for you today, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment