Monday, August 23, 2010

OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I apologize for neglecting you (and my nails!) lately, but I've had quite a bit going.  I've been wearing Unripened for five days, and it really didn't hold up to five days - I noticed the chips and tip wear yesterday.  

I finally got a chance to do my nails today, and I chose OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous.  I love the polish, I really dislike the name.  I know OPI often goes for the really silly names, but this one is such a stretch that it seems more forced than cute to me.  However, it's a really good color, a shimmery microglittery gun metal grey. It's similar to Brand New Skates, but if I recall correctly, Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous is a bit darker, and it's also all one color (no contrasting bits of shimmer as in BNS).  I used three coats to make it totally opaque and even.  I wanted to be finished in two coats, but I could still see through it just a bit, and I decided that would drive me crazy if I keep this manicure for a few days and went for a third coat.  Here it is in the sun finished with top coat.

OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous
OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous Nail Polish, Three Coats

That's the update for now, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment