Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sharing the Blog Love


Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I have a very non-traditional post for you, but it's in the interest of sharing my love of my fellow bloggers.  Here's what they've told me!



I'll explain: when I checked my comments this morning, I saw that two bloggers, Colette of My Simple Little Pleasures and The Asian Girl of Gettin' Nailed had given me an award on their blogs.  It came with five stipulations, which I chose to follow, as they all seem to be in the interest of encouraging other bloggers.  They are:

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which you think are fabulous.
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blogs.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

So, you can see I've completed 1 & 5, now on to 2 & 3!  I'll do #4 on my own time...  Some will have received the same award from others, but these are really the ones I think are the most unique.  Since I'll be including a few lesser known blogs, I'll also add a little of the "why" behind my picks.  They're just in alphabetical order by blog title as they appear on my blog roll (some were a little lost in translation and out of order on the list).  These are the ten blogs I'd like to give the award to:

This one has exceptionally high quality pictures and quick, well written text.

Although this one's in French, it's completely worth looking up the URL in Google to translate (or just clicking to look at pics).  Angy, the author, is the most brilliant nail artist ever.

Amanda comes up with her own creations and gives us the recipes.  She's one of a kind.

It has great product comparisons and excellent how-to's with photos.  This is a great resource.

You'll find excellent detailed nail art tutorials with step by step photos here.

Kat tells it like it is!  Check out her reviw of MAC Seasonal Peach to see.

One of the things I love about Scrangie, aside from her pictures, is her complete inhibition in being brutally honest when she completely dislikes something.  If she says she likes it, I know she means it.

Certainly Steph already has been granted the award, but she tells it like it is and she has the set of nails that I covet, so she has to be on my list.

This one is especially cool because it's written by a collection of authors, so there are different points of view, voices, and pictures.

This is another French one.  Truthfully, I've never translated this one.  Sakura's pictures of her great nails and cool nail art are enough for me to visit.  Check this one out.  Her nails are amazing.

So, Dear Reader, those are my ten picks to whom I award the "Your Blog is Fabulous" award.  Please take a look at any on the list you haven't seen before - the links on my blogroll are to blogs that I respect, and the nail blogs there are the ones with highest quality (as I see them) pictures, being representative of color, unedited or "photo shopped", etc.  My award list is all nail blogs (some polish, some art), and they're all top notch in their categories.

That's all for now, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment