Sunday, March 22, 2009

Jessica Jessana Mischievous


Good morning, Dear Reader!

I have something different for you today, a Jessica nail polish from their Jessana line.  To be honest, I don't really know what the difference is between their regular Jessica colors and the Jessana ones is, other than that the Jessanas come in a 0.25 oz (half sized) bottle and cost a little less.  I only have a few, and I don't think I've shown you one before.

I checked the label of it for any of the Big 3 chemicals I'm avoiding while testing the new Big 3 Free nail strengthener, and didn't see any on it.  Don't quote me on that though, because I'm open to being corrected - I'm no chemist, and just because toluene, formaldehyde, and phthalates are not explicitly listed doesn't mean I'm not missing something reading the label.  I thought my read was good enough to go ahead and use it though.

The color is really rich - it's a blackened red with a strong sparkly red shimmer.  The shimmer is strong enough to show up in regular light, so the polish does not look black on the nail.  The only down side was that after three coats, I can still see through it on a few nails.  I've been getting spoiled by using polishes that are opaque in two coats lately!  The finished manicure is nice though, and I like it.

Jessica Jessana Mischievous Nail Polish 

Jessica Jessana Mischievous Nail Polish 

That's my mani for today, Dear Reader.  I was about to wrap up, but then I just remembered something...

I also had a request for you, something I forgot to ask yesterday.  A reader let me know that there had been some difficulty with the new comments feature, where a comment just disappeared.  If you've had any problems with it, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.  For the most part, it seems to be working well.  The reader who contacted me and I tested a few things, and we managed to establish that it's working properly now, but the question of the comment that disappeared prompted me to ask you if you've had problems too.  Just email me if you have, and we can hammer out any details that still need to be fixed.

That's really all for today, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment