Saturday, March 21, 2009

CNY New York New Year with Nubar Gilded Gold


Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I have yet another glitter mani for you, although I didn't plan it that way.  My original plan was to just use Carolyn New York's New York New Year, but that didn't turn out so well.

I mentioned recently that mixing Big 3 Free products with old school chemicals can make weird things happen, so for the time being, I'm trying to stick to Big 3 Free because I started using a new base coat that's Big 3 Free.  It's a nail strengthener, and so far, so good, but I want to give it a solid six week test before I call it good.  I found out that the problems I've recently had with minor breaks (as well as major ones!) could be attributable to the formaldehyde in what I was using (NailTek II), which can dry out the nails, so I switched.

In any case, Carolyn New York is Big 3 Free, so I pulled out New York New Year and gave it a try.  It's a gorgeous color, but much to my dismay, I could not get it even.  You can see in the pictures, it's somewhat blotchy.

'Carolyn


'Carolyn


 It's still a great color and I didn't particularly feel like starting over, but having bald spots on my mani would likely drive me nuts today.  My solution?  A little trip over to the Big Box o' Glitter.  I gilded my New York New Year with Nubar Gilded Gold.  It changed the base color a smidge, but it also covered all the bald spots, so I'm happy.  Here she is.

Nubar Gilded Gold Nail Polish 

Nubar Gilded Gold Nail Polish 

It's not quite what I'd planned on, but it worked out well in the end.  There are actually a few other polishes I want to show you, but I have to find where I put the box!  It's one of those little 6-pack boxes, and I put it somewhere safe, wherever the heck that is.  I'll try to find it and have something fun for you tomorrow.

Until then, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment