Saturday, July 9, 2011

Revlon Watermelon Fizz

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I put on Watermelon Fizz, one of Revlon's new-ish scented glitter polishes.  I've seen this one, been tempted, and managed to walk away many times, but the last time I saw it was on sale while I'd been carrying a Revlon coupon for just such an occasion, so it became mine.

My reluctance was that I thought the glitters were probably somewhat repetitive of others I have, but I found Watermelon Fizz is not.  It's a jelly with medium sized smooth glitter, and I don't have a heck of a lot of jellies.  The finish works really well with the pink-orange-red watermelon color, so for this one I was willing to suck it up and see through my tips a bit.  It took three coats to reach completely even bottle color, and then I topped it off with quick dry top coat.  It wasn't totally dry when I took the picture, but it seems to be moving in that direction pretty well with no Revlon oddities like a Braille finish (as with Revlon Blue Lagoon), so I thought I'm probably safe to go ahead and post it. I mention that on the off chance that something goes south, but in that case I'll make a follow up post.  This is Watermelon Fizz in the morning sunlight.

Revlon Watermelon Fizz
Revlon Watermelon Fizz Nail Polish, Three Coats

As for the fragrance, it seems like a pleasant enough, not-too-sweet watermelon scent, but I'm not the best judge today... I'm still not smoking (three months tomorrow!) and using an e-cig, and my e-cig gets refilled with nicotine "juice."  Well, the juice is available unflavored or tobacco flavored, but then it also comes in flavors like Cinnabon and Honeysuckle and everything in between that you could imagine.  I replenished my supplies during 4th of July sales and received some of them yesterday, but now I find my sense of taste and smell are a little diminished by the overload of trying a couple out.  I can still lightly smell the watermelon scent in the Revlon, but even if it were nauseatingly overpowering I'd quite likely lightly smell the watermelon scent in the Revlon.  I'll have to wait for my olfactory sense to recharge to have a strong opinion about this one.

That's the update for today, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment