Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sally Hansen Turquoise Opal over Black

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I'm wearing my all-time favorite polish to layer over black, Sally Hansen Turquoise Opal, which is one of the Nail Prisms line.  I applied three coats of it over my black creme soak-off gel base to see if it was even more impressive at three coats, and dangit, it is.  I tested the third coat on one nail to see if it mattered before begrudgingly proceeding to add it to the other nine nails.  That's how I know for sure it's my favorite - when layering over black polish, two coats is normally my limit, and yesterday I was happy to be able to use three of Clarins 230 for a better effect.  Today, I'm whiny about using more of my precious discontinued Turquoise Opal whether it looks cooler or not - I need to get over that!

I've shown you Turquoise Opal at two coats at least once, maybe twice, before.  To make it a little more interesting, this time I made an animated gif in addition to a regular picture.  For both the picture and the gif, I did blur out cuticle injuries from yesterday's rough removal.  I figured you'd done no harm to me, so why should I assault your eyes with images of cuticle wounds when you're expecting a picture of nail polish...

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Turquoise Opal
Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Turquoise Opal, Three Coats over Black

Here's the fun one.

Sally Hansen Turquoise Opal
Sally Hansen Turquoise Opal in Motion

I think what I like most about Turquoise Opal is that it actually delivers on the promise seen in pictures.  A lot of the time, I see what I later discover is just the coolest looking picture that can be taken of a polish, which is nice, but leads to disappointment when I try the polish.  Clarins 230 is an example of that for me - it looks super cool in the sun or bright light (which is actually a better outcome than I've had from many), but it takes adjusting angles for me to see all the colors.  Turquoise Opal just plain old looks super cool and duochrome all the time.  These pictures are representative of how it is on a sunny day, but it's just as distinctly two colors in any light, they're just distributed over the nail differently.  This polish is so much fun to play with in any light - I end up doing what I'm doing in the gif randomly and often when I wear it.

I'm going to get about the rest of my day, taking many Nail Polish Admiration Breaks throughout.  Until tomorrow, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment